* Food, Education, Agriculture Solutions Together
Video produced by Denise Wendt, Food for Lane County
FEAST is a community organizing process that allows participants to engage in an informed and facilitated discussion about food, education and agriculture in their community and begin to work toward solutions together to help build a healthier, more equitable and more resilient local food system.
Communities that have participated in FEAST have:
- Formed and expanded Farm-to-School partnerships between rural school districts and local farmers
- Built community connectivity and formed regional action networks
- Created new farmers markets and community gardens
- Increased acceptance of WIC and Senior Farm Direct Checks and WIC Fruit and Veggie Vouchers at farmers markets and local businesses
- Formed new and innovative partnerships between food donors and emergency food providers
For general questions regarding the FEAST model, please contact Spencer Masterson.
For interest in using the FEAST model in your community, please contact Sharon Thornberry.