- How do I sign up?
- Please visit our individuals and families page or groups page to learn about opportunities and to sign up. All volunteers need to sign up in advance. We plan projects and assign staff based on the number of volunteers we've scheduled.If you come to a shift and we don't have you on our roster, you may be turned away. Here are step-be-step instructions for Individuals or Groups.
- Where are you located?
Oregon Food Bank Headquarters - Portland
7900 NE 33rd Drive, Portland, OR 97211
Oregon Food Bank West - Washington County
1870 NW 173rd Ave, Beaverton, OR 97006
- What will volunteers be doing?
You can read descriptions for each shift on our Food Repack page.
- What should I wear?
For safety reasons you WILL BE TURNED AWAY for improper footwear and clothing. Shoes must have closed toes and heels (no sandals, clogs, mules or high heels). Shirts must have sleeves (NO TANK TOPS). Temperatures in the volunteer areas can vary. Layers are recommended.
- Do volunteers need to bring tools/equipment?
No. Food safety gear (and gardening tools, gloves, etc. for Dig In shifts) is provided.
- What if I have food allergies or don’t want to touch certain foods?
We are not able to provide details about the type of product we are packing on a given day because this can change at the last minute depending on donations and network need.
- What if I have latex allergies?
For food safety, we use vinyl gloves for our projects rather than latex.
- What if I need to cancel?
- We’re counting on your help to get food out to people who really need it! If you have to cancel, please log in to your account to cancel your shift as soon as possible. Thank you.