Yes. Age restrictions vary depending on the shift you select; see list below for complete information. Youth Release forms are required for first-time volunteers under 18.
Youth under 16 need to volunteer with an adult or chaperone. Minimum age for chaperones is 18. Once you create a profile and sign up for a shift you’ll need to click on the ‘Invite a Chaperone (required)’ button, enter the email address of your adult chaperone and click on the ‘Send Email’ button. They will receive the details of your shift so they can sign up for the exact same shift.
- Fresh Alliance (FA): Age 14+
- Food Recovery Center (FRC): Age 16+
- Volunteer Action Center (VAC): Age 6+
- Perishables Repack Room (PRR):
- at Beaverton facility: Age 6+
- at Portland Headquarters: Age 16+
- Learning Garden: All ages
- Special Events: Age 16+