Step three: Learn more and sign up.
Oregon Food Bank thrives on the support of all types of service and community groups. By working together, volunteers make an immediate impact to help fight hunger in the Portland metro area and across the state.
- Groups must schedule at least 10 days in advance.
- We schedule shifts a maximum of 4 months in advance.
- Read the shift descriptions below, paying close attention to age restrictions.
- When you’re ready to sign up, click the buttons on the right to either view the Beaverton Calendar or Portland Calendar.
Kid Friendly Projects
Volunteer Action Center
Join volunteers of all ages to repacking bulk foods, from pears to apples to rice and beans, into family sized portions.
- Minimum age: 6 years old.
- Maximum group size: 85 for adult groups (depending on shift)
- 70 for youth groups (including chaperones)
*We can host up to 110 volunteers at our Portland location. If your group is over 85, please email us
directly to make arrangements.
Learning Garden (Dig In!)
Dig, weed, water and more! Dig In! Shifts are seasonal and will appear on the application when available.
Perishables Repack Room
Repack frozen foods, from green beans to frozen pizza, into family-sized portions. Our Perishables repack room is kept at 50 degrees, so bring a jacket! We provide insulated gloves to keep your hands toasty.
- All ages welcome.
- Maximum group size: varies.
- Minimum age: 6 (Beaverton); 16 (Portland)
- Maximum group size: 65 (Beaverton), 10 (Portland)
Projects for Adults
Join us for a fast-paced food sorting adventure! Sort canned and boxed food donations into nutrition categories to be sent to food pantries and meal sites.
- Minimum age: 16.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds is required.
- Maximum group size: 25.
OFB hosts a number of special events throughout the year. Read more about these events by visiting our events page
Read our volunteer FAQ.