Oregon Food Bank thrives on the support of our community, corporate, and school groups. By working together, volunteers make an immediate impact on fighting hunger in the Portland metro area and across the state. We are grateful for your support!
Important for group leaders to know
- Scheduling guidelines: Groups must schedule at least 5 days in advance. We do not schedule shifts beyond 4 months.
- We offer two methods for registering the volunteers in your group:
- Invite Volunteers with an Email (preferred) – We provide a unique web link for you to forward to your group so each volunteer can register themselves. They receive all shift communication directly from OFB and have the ability to track their hours.
- Complete an Online Roster (ideal for school and youth groups) – The group leader must complete an online roster for your group and is responsible for relaying all shift information to each volunteer. OFB cannot track individual hours for these volunteers.
- Our Portland facility can accommodate up to 200 volunteers; Beaverton up to 110. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a group larger than 85 to make special arrangements.
Interested in strengthening your relationship with Oregon Food Bank? We offer corporate team building packages to help strengthen your team while also creating opportunities for public recognition. Special amenities are available, such as priority scheduling, meeting space, corporate acknowledgement on food packaging, offsite repack shifts at your workplace, and more! For more information, contact James Dillard at email@example.com
K-12 School Groups
Teach your students about service and hunger in Oregon! See curriculum ideas on our Resources for Educators page