Step two: Select which type of group you'll be volunteering with.
Guidelines for a great group experience
- We accommodate groups at our Portland and Beaverton locations.
- OFB runs shifts at pre-set times throughout the year and can accommodate groups of up to 70 youth (including chaperones) and 110 adults (depending on shift).
- Our calendar shows all available shifts at our Beaverton and NE Portland facilities for the next two months. For planning purposes, we are only able to schedule this far in advance.
- Group shifts can fill quickly, especially during the holidays. If the shift you're interested in is already full, there are many other ways to help! Consider running a food drive, joining our advocacy efforts, or donating. We also hope you'll volunteer with us another time. Hunger does not stop after the holidays, and your support is needed throughout the year.
- It's best to schedule your volunteer shift with us before recruiting volunteers to join your group. You can always adjust your reservation once you know for sure how many people will attend the shift.
- If children will be part of your group, please check the age restrictions for the opportunity you'd like to sign up for.
- Our community rooms accommodate up to 30 people and are available on a first-come-first-served basis Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To request the meeting rooms, please include the request in your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the notes section of the group application. We will respond to confirm availability.
- Groups of five or fewer should visit our Individuals and Families section to learn more about volunteering