Oregon Food Bank thrives on the support of our community, corporate, and school groups. By working together, volunteers make an immediate impact on fighting hunger here in our communities. We are grateful for your support!
Information for all group leaders:
- Groups must schedule at least 5 days in advance.
- We do not schedule shifts beyond 4 months.
- Minimum group size is 5. If less than 5, each volunteer must sign up as an individual.
Two options for registering the volunteers in your group:
- Invite Volunteers with an Email (preferred) – We provide a unique web link for you to forward to your group so each volunteer can register themselves. They receive all shift communication directly from Oregon Food Bank and have the ability to track their hours.
- Complete an Online Roster (ideal for school and youth groups) – The group leader must complete an online roster for your group and is responsible for relaying all shift information to each volunteer. Oregon Food Bank cannot track individual hours for these volunteers.
- Our Portland facility can accommodate up to 200 volunteers.
- Our Beaverton location can accommodate up to 110 volunteers.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a group larger than 85 in order to make special arrangements.
- Chaperone requirements: download our guidelines.
- Shoes must have closed toes and heels (no sandals, clogs, mules or high heels). Shirts must have sleeves (no tank tops). For safety reasons, volunteers WILL BE TURNED AWAY for improper footwear and clothing.
Are you a corporate group?
We offer corporate team building packages!
- Strengthen your relationship with Oregon Food Bank, while building team dynamics.
- Create opportunities for public recognition.
- Special amenities are available, such as priority scheduling, meeting space, corporate acknowledgement on food packaging, offsite volunteer activities at your workplace, and more!
- For more information, contact Yan Medice at email@example.com.