8 shifts from September 29 to November 17
Reynolds Middle School Food Pantry - Partner Agency Support (16+)
Shift Description and Tasks:
Partner Agencies serve as the distribution centers that directly provide fresh produce and shelf-stable foods to people who need it. Volunteer work varies by site and provides a meaningful way to engage in Oregon Food Bank's mission. Your shift might entail one or more of the following tasks:
- Unloading/loading food deliveries from trucks
- Repackaging food into food boxes for families
- Restocking tables
- Greeting people as they arrive
- Assisting with client intake
- Loading food boxes into cars
- Assisting with traffic direction
- Cleaning up after the distribution
- New Volunteers are required to complete the New Volunteer Application before you attend your first shift.
- Those performing mandated community service will need to bring an Oregon Food Bank timesheet to each shift for signatures. Please contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum Age for this shift is 16
- Ability to stand, sit, and squat; some tasks require lifting up to 40 lbs
- Willingness to work outdoors in varied weather conditions.
How-To Sign Up:
To ensure volunteers can access and manage their own schedules, our new system requires a unique email address for each individual. If you’d like to sign up a child or friend, please use their email address. Additional options in our Sign Up How-To.