January 3, 2020 — Thank you for being part of the Oregon Food Bank family. Here are some highlights of what we accomplished together in 2019:
- Each month 265,000 people facing hunger are able to get much-needed food through the Oregon Food Bank network.
- More than 2,000 people participated in cooking and gardening education opportunities.
- More kids and their families are avoiding hunger thanks to 50 School Pantries and 60 Free Food Markets.
- More than a third of all food distributed to our network is now fresh fruits and vegetables.
- More than 400 health care sites are now screening people for food insecurity and referring them to local resources.
- We made real progress in addressing root causes of hunger and poverty — helping to pass legislation that strengthens anti-hunger programs and makes record investments in housing and homelessness initiatives.
None of this would have been possible without your ongoing support and engagement. We are grateful for all you’ve done to strengthen our communities — and we look forward to continuing our work together in 2020 as we progress toward our goal of ending hunger.
Help now for 2020.