Disaster food benefits are now available in the following counties: Clackamas, Douglas, Jackson, Klamath,  Lane, Lincoln, Linn, and Marion.

Who is eligible? 

Even if you are not eligible for Oregon SNAP food benefits, you may be eligible for Disaster SNAP food benefits  if you lived or worked in the above-mentioned counties on Sept. 7, and you: 

  • Spent money because of the wildfire, including paying for a hotel, gas, or other evacuation expenses; or 
  • Lost food because of the wildfire or a related power outage; or 
  • Lost money from work because of the wildfire; or 
  • Spent money because of damage to your home or business. 

Disaster SNAP is not a public benefit considered for public charge. You do not need a Social Security Number  to apply for Disaster SNAP.

How do I apply? 

You can pre-register for Disaster food benefits online between Oct. 16 and Oct. 22. 

  • Pre-register online at disasterfoodassistance.org  between Oct. 16 and Oct. 22. When you pre-register, you will provide the Oregon Department of Human  Services with some basic information. 
  • If you pre-register, a Self-Sufficiency Programs worker will contact you by phone to complete the Disaster  SNAP application and interview process. 
  • Benefits will be placed on your EBT card, which you will use like a debit card to purchase food. 

Pre-registering is encouraged but optional. You can still apply for DSNAP food benefits between Oct. 23 – Oct.  28 online at disasterfoodassitance.org. If you need  assistance with the online application, please call 2-1-1 or reach out to the Aging and Disability Resource Connection at 1-855-ORE-ADRC. 

Need food now? If you need food assistance now, please call 2-1-1, visit needfood.oregon.gov, or visit oregonfoodfinder.org to find a pantry near you..