This legislative session offers a meaningful opportunity to address the harmful policies and systems that drive hunger. That’s why we’re prioritizing three key issue areas this year to fight root causes of hunger and poverty — and #EmergeStronger from the pandemic.
Food Security and Economic Justice
- Reduce hunger on college campuses
- Leave no worker behind from Oregon’s Earned Income Tax Credit
- Increase access to nutritious food via the “Double Up Food Bucks” SNAP match program
- Ensure childcare and other essential resources for every Oregon family
- Support emergency food assistance through the Oregon Hunger Response Fund
Racial Justice and Immigrant Rights
- Adopt the Racial Justice Council’s public safety recommendations
- Protect the rights of every Oregonian
- Ensure education and healthcare equity for Oregonians who are part of the Compact of Free Association (COFA)
COVID Relief for All
- Support essential workers through the Oregon Worker Relief Fund
- Keep Oregonians in our homes, whether rented or owned
- Prioritize community needs in future rounds of federal stimulus
We know we can’t advance these policy priorities — let alone achieve our vision of resilient communities that never go hungry — without an inclusive and healthy democracy where everyone can safely participate. So we hope you’ll continue to speak out with us against efforts to undermine the democratic process, from the state capitol in Salem to the halls of Congress.
Thank you for all you do to help our communities #EmergeStronger, together.
Learn more about our legislative priorities, individual bills and budget items, and ways to take action at oregonfoodbank.org/advocate.